Kestral Class Attack Shuttle Fighter

A place for TrekCreative and other SF offerings
jayphailey

Re: Kestral Class Attack Shuttle Fighter

Post by jayphailey » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:08 pm

They have most of the stuff already built in.

The TFT6 ships have such rigs for runabout sized ships. Their signals processing is much more rugged, hardened by combat experience.

They loose their remote runabout like flies in combat, but properly deployed, they can add a cute trick at the right time.

Jay Six uses them sparingly because getting them blown up a lot is pointless.

They can act as mobile point defense platforms in case someone tries a swarm attack, but mostly as senor leverage

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:48 pm

jayphailey wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:08 pm
They have most of the stuff already built in.

The TFT6 ships have such rigs for runabout sized ships. Their signals processing is much more rugged, hardened by combat experience.

They loose their remote runabout like flies in combat, but properly deployed, they can add a cute trick at the right time.

Jay Six uses them sparingly because getting them blown up a lot is pointless.

They can act as mobile point defense platforms in case someone tries a swarm attack, but mostly as senor leverage
He just got an example of the kind of sensors the local Starfleet is pushing.

The different between the drone an the berk is the semi-automus part.
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:02 pm

Merkely Doerkly doo!

Only took me three or four messages to catch up on what precisely a "Berk" was there.

They can easily build a self flying unit with bird intelligence.

But you want to be careful when they become target practice and fireworks.

In STO you can switch to a shuttle and fly that around. Much smaller and many many fewer hit points.

So they installed "Shuttles only" missions.

Once while flying a shuttle to such a thing a Borg Red Alert came up. So, to amuse myself I accepted it and transferred to the borg map. I WAS the shuttle with a harsh opinion.

And I was NOT all that helpful. I respawned a LOT. "neeeoowww, zap! zap!" (explodes)

The Damyip are not as careful, Their fighters and ships are fully sentient Damyip, cloned off the senior unit and re-integrated when they get back. or when communications are good enough.

So they're VERY good pilots, since the higher level Damyip remember all the missions, learn the lessons and upgrade the pilot skills appropriately.

Hmmm. The Damyip Humanoid models might switch to orange skin with polka dots of various loud colors. In fact I think they do. this loud skin color can be altered to gray with gray dots for times when being highly visible isn't appropriate.

That way, each Damyip Humanoid Unit can have its own unique pattern of polka dots.