I worked on Varupuchu. I think I did "Okay"
Varupuchu 1.png
Varupuchu 1.png (578.12 KiB) Viewed 23342 times
Varupuchu 2.png
Varupuchu 2.png (251.93 KiB) Viewed 23342 times

jayphailey

Re: [TFT6] USS Yellow Submarine

Post by jayphailey » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:23 pm

Oh and Dr Osooz. She tells me she has fit herself in nicely with the Harrier crew.

She's a little bit of an adrenaline junky and adventure girl.

She loves to beam down with Jay Six and see what inanity he digs up as they go along.
Osooz 1.png
Osooz 1.png (423.42 KiB) Viewed 23342 times
Osooz 2.png
Osooz 2.png (272.19 KiB) Viewed 23342 times

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:31 pm

The Odyssey Uniform

These are pics showing the default colors and arrangments of the Odyssey style uniform.

In Task for Taffy Six, they vary the color arrangement by ship.
Odyssey_Officer_Service.png
Odyssey_Officer_Service.png (214.91 KiB) Viewed 23342 times
Odyssey_Enlisted_Tactical.png
Odyssey_Enlisted_Tactical.png (274.49 KiB) Viewed 23342 times

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:39 pm

On the Yellow Submarine the Enlisted Uniform doesn't vary from the manual, so Jay of A, Kami, Bubba and Binky are wearing the unifom as shown.

But once someone has their hands around their duties, if they want to modify their uniform and it doesn't get in the way, no one ays too much.

Usually this is the addition of extra gear. Some Enlisted folks have improvized "Skant" versions of the duty uniform (Turning the jacket into a vest and the pants into shorts).

Usually word gets passed around if there's an inspection of a bigwig coming and everyone cleans up for the duration.

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:41 pm

There are Commanding Officer and Flag Officer variants of the Odyssey pattern uniform. But these are not used in TFT6 to avoid the "Sniper Check" phenomenon.
CO Uniform.png
CO Uniform.png (122.37 KiB) Viewed 23340 times

Odyssey_Flag_Officer.png
Odyssey_Flag_Officer.png (195.85 KiB) Viewed 23340 times

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:59 am

What do the colors at the end of the people descriptions mean?
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:46 am

Innkeeper wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:59 am
What do the colors at the end of the people descriptions mean?
This is a crew quality Notation.

There are two flavors of crew for STO Bridge Officers (BOFFs) and Duty Officers (DOFFs)

The Bridge Officers are companions - they are AI controlled characters that run around with your character, assisting and shooting bad guys, casting heals and so on. Each landing party is 5 characters, The Captain (Your main "Toon", character) and 5 BOFFs. BOFFs can carry gear and weapons and these increase their effectiveness in combat.

DOFFs mimic junior officers who are assigned other missions while the main characters are engaged in the adventure. So all you have with a DOFF is a "Card" and a description. When you assign a DOFF to a mission, their abilities, skills and quality affect the die roll for success or failure and the result

A DOFF mission you call up on a screen, read the description and then assign DOFFs until you get the best possibility of success. Then, once the mission is started, a count down timer runs. At the end of the timer the computer rolls some dice (Metaphorically) adds the bumps from the DOFFs and then tells you how the mission has gone, and the reward for completion.

The Admiraly system does the same thing with Starships - you have cards, you call up a list of missions, select one and then assign ships to maximize your chance of success (As well as, for me, day dreaming about what the various ships look like flying on the mission)

So the same Quality table is used for Gear, DOFFs, BOFFs and ships.

White - dead normal. Generic issue gear. Average person of normal competence.

Green - above average competence for DOFFs and BOFFs and above average quality for gear. Green gear will have one enhancement. (A plus to hit, a plu to damage, or a special effect)

Blue - Excellent competence for DOFFs and BOFFs, Gear with two enhancements.

So if you have a choice for a ship or a DOFF to assign to a mission, you generally pick the blue ones first, unless you're saving the blue for a different mission

Purple - Superior Competence for DOFFs and BOFFs. Superior Gear.

Double Purple - Elite competence for DOFFs and BOFFs, Elite quality Gear

Gold - Epic, Epic Competence for DOFFs and BOFFs and the best possible gear.

------------

So Joe Warp Theorist (White) is a scientist who knows how warp drives work and what effect this has on space.

But Jane Warp Theorist (Blue) is a much better scientist and has a better chance of innovation or resolving a mystery

And Sovalik Warp Theorist (Purple) is among the best in the fleet.

I assume that most of the TFT6 crew does know KNOW where they stand on this scale and would largely disbelieve it.

I recently learned that the Quality of the BOFFs actually does not matter in game-play. A Bridge officer who is White (Average Quality) gets the same damage out of the same gun and the same effect out of his "Powers" in combat as a Purple Bridge officer. Oops.

but I saved the information because it saved some information about the person and how they relate to the world and how they see things.

Li''ira Six, Spaat, Varupuchu and Ozoos are all purple BOFFs.

---------

I am sort of a hoarder of BOFFs, DOFFs and ships. I hate to let any go. They're MY PEOPLE, damn it. My dollies! We can play with them but I don't want to throw them away!

Oh, you can have more than 4 BOFFs, and you can switch out who beams down with your Captain. Some of my ships have a dozen BOFFs, and, being me, I want to make up stories about them all.

----------------

In Neverwinter, you get Companions that work the same way, but you can only manifest one at a time. Kami had two. Jay of A had none.

In SWTOR - Your character encounters a number of people and some become companions, so Holden Lanetly (MY Main toon) had 5 people on his ship, but could only bring one at a time with him out onto adventures.

And of course, I want to hug them, pet them, squeeze them, call them George. I want to line them up on a shelf and then play with them on the floor.

------

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:58 pm

-- The Innkeeper