In character play
Innkeeper
Site Admin

Re: Jay of A and Coran

Post by Innkeeper » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:06 am

jayphailey wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:52 pm
Roydra: "What does that mean, exactly?"
There is a second Coran at the fireplace, a third at the bar, a fourth at the big table.

Kami: "It is when it amounts to lewd remarks at all the serving girls in the tavern."
Coran: "You will find the serving girls can handle lewd remarks adroitly, and your chances of nookie go way down if you make them. A self correction 'problem'."

Roydra: "I don't think that's hard to measure. What's best for the patient?"
Coran: "The question remains. I'm not suggesting dungeons, or treating the mentally ill as if they were moral failures, both are plain abuse. I will have words with those that do that, or my grandson Julian will, that is worse than if I do it.

But...if the something you can do is nothing. Is is not kinder to treat such people with kindness and protection, and let them be the village eccentric?

Technology and knowledge differ...vastly across the planes. You come from a place with many options, that work. Other worlds do not have these advantages. Do not forget how rare the blessings of the medicine you possess are."

Roydra: (Doesn't get it) "Oookay."

Coran: "You do not understand. The mythology of Betazed is different. There are beings of evil where I come from. I have met them and fought them. May you never have to."
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:18 am

--------------------
Innkeeper wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:06 am
jayphailey wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:52 pm
Roydra: "What does that mean, exactly?"
There is a second Coran at the fireplace, a third at the bar, a fourth at the big table.
Roydra (Blink blink): "Wait, does that mean you experience every moment of every possible place in all of space time all at once?"
Kami: "It is when it amounts to lewd remarks at all the serving girls in the tavern."
Coran: "You will find the serving girls can handle lewd remarks adroitly, and your chances of nookie go way down if you make them. A self correction 'problem'."
Bubba grins "I'll be a gentleman"
Roydra: "I don't think that's hard to measure. What's best for the patient?"
Coran: "The question remains. I'm not suggesting dungeons, or treating the mentally ill as if they were moral failures, both are plain abuse. I will have words with those that do that, or my grandson Julian will, that is worse than if I do it.

But...if the something you can do is nothing. Is is not kinder to treat such people with kindness and protection, and let them be the village eccentric?

Technology and knowledge differ...vastly across the planes. You come from a place with many options, that work. Other worlds do not have these advantages. Do not forget how rare the blessings of the medicine you possess are."

Roydra nods. "It's easy to take our science and technology for granted."
Roydra: (Doesn't get it) "Oookay."

Coran: "You do not understand. The mythology of Betazed is different. There are beings of evil where I come from. I have met them and fought them. May you never have to."
Roydra: "Agreed. I hope I never see anything that shows me what you're really talking about."

------------------

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:20 pm

jayphailey wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:18 am

Roydra (Blink blink): "Wait, does that mean you experience every moment of every possible place in all of space time all at once?"
Coran: Fortunately only the Universe I'm currently occupying. All of it would be something we could not relate to, and no living thing I have ever met. This little pocket is strange. It bleeds into the realities of anyone that is in the bar.

Coran: (Fatherly) "We shall see."

Coran: "No matter the level of technology. People in my world do it too."

Roydra: "Agreed. I hope I never see anything that shows me what you're really talking about."
Coran: "To that I heartily agree. Bartender, a round for this table."
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Copied for work

Post by jayphailey » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:12 pm

All around. But wrestled with insomnia last night, so brains not necessarily a thing.

I hope You have a better day than I had a night

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:09 pm

Innkeeper wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:20 pm
jayphailey wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:18 am
Coran: Fortunately only the Universe I'm currently occupying. All of it would be something we could not relate to, and no living thing I have ever met. This little pocket is strange. It bleeds into the realities of anyone that is in the bar.
Roydra: "I am having real problems picturing that. Don't you have to work really hard to gear down to our level?"
Coran: (Fatherly) "We shall see."
OOC
Bubba has responded to his own trauma by deciding he's permanently 15. But he has enough sense to not drive that coping mechanism off a cliff. Mostly. Don't take him to a royal ball.

I am also borrowing some from my friend Kevin. Apprently scatlogical humor was dominant and frequent in the army. Dead baby jokes too.

Like 6th grade on steroids.

Coran: "No matter the level of technology. People in my world do it too."
Roydra: "What sort of technology do people on your world have. WHy do you identify with one world in a universe where you're on all worlds and all times in that universe? Ow, my brain."
Coran: "To that I heartily agree. Bartender, a round for this table."
Kami: "Thank you, Sir."
Jay-of-A: "I am honored."
Bubba: "You know how to gain my loyalty. Booze and food."

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:11 pm

jayphailey wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:09 pm

Roydra: "I am having real problems picturing that. Don't you have to work really hard to gear down to our level?"
Coran: "It might, but I started there. I was born a normal Centaur."

OOC
Bubba has responded to his own trauma by deciding he's permanently 15. But he has enough sense to not drive that coping mechanism off a cliff. Mostly. Don't take him to a royal ball.

I am also borrowing some from my friend Kevin. Apprently scatlogical humor was dominant and frequent in the army. Dead baby jokes too.

Like 6th grade on steroids.
Yea Jim came back from the Navy with a load of dead baby jokes.

And to people stopping at 15, I've met a few. It's keeping the child-like wonder, not the child-like behavior.

Roydra: "What sort of technology do people on your world have. WHy do you identify with one world in a universe where you're on all worlds and all times in that universe? Ow, my brain."
Coran: "It is the one I was born on, grew up there and have my family on, These things matter."

Kami: "Thank you, Sir."
Jay-of-A: "I am honored."
Bubba: "You know how to gain my loyalty. Booze and food."
Glug, glug.
-- The Innkeeper

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:08 am

Innkeeper wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:11 pm
Glug, glug.