Innkeeper
Site Admin

Re: Raphael & Ahern

Post by Innkeeper » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:03 am

Innkeeper wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:07 pm
jayphailey wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:49 pm
Roxa: "Someday, the Galaxy I'm from will look more like the one I am visiting now. Although our Grand Alliance is more far reaching, the reasons for that are more tragic and horrible."
Rapheal: "A whole Galaxy. I am far more concerned with the fate of a single village. How do you keep an eye on people when a Galaxy is at stake?"

Roxa: "How do unwilling servers happen?"
Ahern: "You are unfamiliar with the idea of slaves?"

Rapheal: "Not every freeman has a job they like either. plenty of servants that would rather be doing something else."

OOC: Interesting. Roxa is much more Federation in her outlook. Some of the things that the Brethenga has done before she got ther would have her rising up. Or leaving with a different. But now L8 is in command of that ship so L8 is trying to get it flying more... straight.
Are you going to answer this one?
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:03 am

Innkeeper wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:03 am
Are you going to answer this one?
been a rough goddamned week.

It's been saved to the new file for editing. Will do tomorrow at work, God willing and the Creek don't rise up

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:11 pm

Innkeeper wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:45 pm
If you let me in on them at the Trek end.
I am bringing the toys into the sand box. Anything you'd like to play with, let me know.

It's just that there's a lot of pieces here.

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:16 pm

Innkeeper wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:07 pm
Roxa: "Umm, you cover the place you're at and trust that somewhere else, someone else has their area covered. No one except Q or the Organians can cover *everything*. But we all live in the galaxy, even if we can't see it."[/quote]

Rapheal: "For me it was always immediate. The danger was to us. I came to a conclusion that I don't like fighting. I pity anyone that forces that again.

Roxa: "Where I'm from, Slavery isn't a thing. In fact I think we've engaged in battles with some slavers. Some of the old timers on my ship consider it uselessly idealistic. But I am completely okay with shooting at slavers."
Ahern: "That can be a hobby. Even all savers are not cut from the same cloth."

Sorry my bad. L6. I am trying to frame up a good scene to introduce her.
I was thinking the Urifiki.

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:00 am

Poke
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:11 am

Innkeeper wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:00 am
I was thinking the Urifiki.
You actually said you did NOT want the Urafiki doing this when I was starting up the LGSN plot.

I have an introduction written.

Please set up a PPlay sub board here and I will start us off.
Last edited by jayphailey on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:16 am

jayphailey wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:16 pm
Rapheal: "For me it was always immediate. The danger was to us. I came to a conclusion that I don't like fighting. I pity anyone that forces that again.
Roxa: "Well, the Iconians came after us. The Tzenkethi came after us. Well not us in particular, but inhabited worlds. And then Bajor, so you know everyone got all shooty about that. Then the Hurq literally came after everyone. We were getting reports of Hurq raids from all over the galaxy. So where every you were, you could find some Hurq to shoot. The Terran Empire and the T'Kuvma tend to get shooty when they show up.

So it's not like we're rolling around looking for fights. they're coming to us."
Roxa: "Where I'm from, Slavery isn't a thing. In fact I think we've engaged in battles with some slavers. Some of the old timers on my ship consider it uselessly idealistic. But I am completely okay with shooting at slavers."
Ahern: "That can be a hobby. Even all savers are not cut from the same cloth."
Roxa: "Even so, holding people captive against their will when they're not criminals. Rubs me the wrong way."

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:43 pm

jayphailey wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:11 am

You actually said you did NOT want the Urafiki doing this when I was starting up the LGSN plot.
I don't remember saying that.
I have an introduction written.

Please set up a PPlay sub board here and I will start us off.
You know I'm not big on this format. No setting up required on PPlay.
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:11 pm

Innkeeper wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:43 pm
jayphailey wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:11 am

I don't remember saying that.
Hmmmm. It was in a call. You said something like "I thought you were going to have the Urafiki meet your guys"

and I took from that that you thought this was a bad idea...

but as I think of it, maybe I added that last interpretation myself.

Now I have to think of interesting ideas to throw down in front of a huge fleet.

Well, really Taraban and his friends.

Singing
Taraban and his friends

Its the Taraban show!

Taraban and his friends

Its the Taraban show!

https://youtu.be/6GeVctiUGl4

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:43 am

jayphailey wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:16 am
Roxa: "Well, the Iconians came after us. The Tzenkethi came after us. Well not us in particular, but inhabited worlds. And then Bajor, so you know everyone got all shooty about that. Then the Hurq literally came after everyone. We were getting reports of Hurq raids from all over the galaxy. So where every you were, you could find some Hurq to shoot. The Terran Empire and the T'Kuvma tend to get shooty when they show up.

So it's not like we're rolling around looking for fights. they're coming to us."
Raphael: Quietly "I can be a being of terrible violence. I'm not particularly fond of that about myself, but it is in my nature. I have a home and a family. Threatening that would indeed get me to commit violence. I will do violence until the threat is gone. I will not like it."

Roxa: "Even so, holding people captive against their will when they're not criminals. Rubs me the wrong way."
Ahern: "Rubbing so noted. I was a slave once. I'm not anymore. But I hold no grudge against it."

Raphael: "It is culture Roxa. I have learned the anti slavery attitude you have from my Earth friends. I have seen it practiced a dozen ways. Gently, illegally, casually, even only certain races. Yes I have seen cruelty and object to same. I live in a society that practices slavery as a form of punishment. The Eyrian Empire has no prisons. You are bonded for the amount you owe. Once paid, you are free. From what I have seen a gentle system.
-- The Innkeeper