Jay of A and Coran

In character play
Innkeeper
Site Admin

Re: Jay of A and Coran

Post by Innkeeper » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:58 pm

jayphailey wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:45 am
Roydra squints: "Normal? I am not convinced you and I would use that word the same way. Ever."

The adventurers grin
Coran: "However you view 'normal', they are not it. I'm an old adventurer myself. Been there, fought that, the t-shirt didn't fit."
Bubba: "May I buy you something, Sir? Normalcy aside, I think it's rude to ask you your stories without offering food and drink in return."

Roydra looks stricken: "I apologize. I should have offered."
Coran: "There is no offense. Bartender, my usual." Given the mug he would lay down next to their booth and set the mug on it.
coranrgb.jpg
coranrgb.jpg (171.81 KiB) Viewed 15146 times
Kami smiles "You're busy being a mother hen and worrying about us. I appreciate that."

Roxa: "How do you mean to conform to our expectations of normal, Sir? I guess you mean they have a different appearance to suit their own desires.... but your phrasing sort of implies more."
Coran: "How much attention do you pay to your gut biome? The Innkeeper for reasons unknowable pays a great deal of attention to mortal creatures. Ergo the Inn itself, a universe within itself that wanders attaching itself to random places. Sometimes many at once. I have spoken with this being, they are not forthcoming with answers about themselves.'Because I am curious.' is all the answer I can get. They look as they wish to look. What I have seen looks Human, most of the time. "
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:16 am

Innkeeper wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:58 pm
jayphailey wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:45 am
Roydra squints: "Normal? I am not convinced you and I would use that word the same way. Ever."

The adventurers grin
Coran: "However you view 'normal', they are not it. I'm an old adventurer myself. Been there, fought that, the t-shirt didn't fit."
More grins from the Adventurers

Roydra: "How are they not normal?"
Bubba: "May I buy you something, Sir? Normalcy aside, I think it's rude to ask you your stories without offering food and drink in return."

Roydra looks stricken: "I apologize. I should have offered."
Coran: "There is no offense. Bartender, my usual." Given the mug he would lay down next to their booth and set the mug on it.

coranrgb.jpg
OOC: I like the pic
Kami smiles "You're busy being a mother hen and worrying about us. I appreciate that."

Roxa: "How do you mean to conform to our expectations of normal, Sir? I guess you mean they have a different appearance to suit their own desires.... but your phrasing sort of implies more."
Coran: "How much attention do you pay to your gut biome? The Innkeeper for reasons unknowable pays a great deal of attention to mortal creatures. Ergo the Inn itself, a universe within itself that wanders attaching itself to random places. Sometimes many at once. I have spoken with this being, they are not forthcoming with answers about themselves.'Because I am curious.' is all the answer I can get. They look as they wish to look. What I have seen looks Human, most of the time. "
Roydra: "Are you saying that the creator of this Inn is to us as we are to bacteria?"

Jay-of-A: "I hope the innkeeper finds us appropriately amusing."

--------------------

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:08 pm

jayphailey wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:16 am

More grins from the Adventurers

Roydra: "How are they not normal?"
OOC: The Adventurers get it.

Coran: (sip) "In the direction I am not 'normal' but much more so. Consider moral beings, like Humans or even Centaurs 'normal' Immortals are not that kind of normal. On that scale, I am about the middle, the Innkeeper is at the top."
Roydra: "Are you saying that the creator of this Inn is to us as we are to bacteria?"

Jay-of-A: "I hope the innkeeper finds us appropriately amusing."
Coran: "That would be appropriate, They have a connection with us that most such beings lack. That the Inn exists at all."
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:39 pm

Roydra: "I wonder HOW we're amusing to the Innkeeper? How much of us can the Innkeeper see?"

Kami: "What do you do, now, Sir?"

Bubba: "Killing monsters for fun and profit. Sounds nice. Don't get me wrong, I have fun and I make profit. But you can't turn it off. The Monsters are everywhere now."

Jay: "For inhuman creatures of foul appetite and stygian hatred, they all seem to have money on them don't they?"

Binky: "It is said that money is the root of all evil. So it makes sense that hell has a thriving economy."

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:26 pm

jayphailey wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:39 pm
Roydra: "I wonder HOW we're amusing to the Innkeeper? How much of us can the Innkeeper see?"
Coran: "You are familiar with the term omniscient? You have to learn to no care about most of it. In time it becomes hard to care about any of it."

Coran: "I am a smith, and god. I deal with such matters as are brought to me.

Bubba: "Killing monsters for fun and profit. Sounds nice. Don't get me wrong, I have fun and I make profit. But you can't turn it off. The Monsters are everywhere now."
Coran: "And thus has it always been. There comes a point in which you, for the sake of your own soul, must step back and leave the monster hunting to younger Heroes. It is not an easy move to make.

Jay: "For inhuman creatures of foul appetite and stygian hatred, they all seem to have money on them don't they?"

Coran: "They do. Curious that. Could it be that even monsters need to stock up at the market?"

Binky: "It is said that money is the root of all evil. So it makes sense that hell has a thriving economy."
Coran: "The exact quote is 'The love of money is the root of all evil.' Money is an idea, a thing. No more evil that the clothing on you back. Intent is everything."
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:25 am

OOC:
Your joke is factually incorrect.jpg
Your joke is factually incorrect.jpg (36.44 KiB) Viewed 15127 times

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:29 am

Innkeeper wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:26 pm
jayphailey wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:39 pm
Coran: "You are familiar with the term omniscient? You have to learn to no care about most of it. In time it becomes hard to care about any of it."
Roydra: "But here this place is."
Coran: "I am a smith, and god. I deal with such matters as are brought to me.
Bubba: "What's the pay rate for being a God? Whatcha a God of, precisely?"

Jay-of-A: "Bubba, perhaps one should choose one's words more carefully around a God."

Bubba (Shrugs) "If I get Smited, I get Smited. Somethings going to get me sooner or later. All I ask is that you make it quick if that's the be the way of it."

Binky: "Do you know of Aumanator?"

OOC: I just went and booked up carefully
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Amaunator
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Lathander

Lathander would be more my speed as a deity.

I have no idea where Neverwinter MMORPG takes place in the Faerun timeline there.

So I'd say that Aumanator of Neverwinter was mostly Lathander with a little Aumanator layered over him. Mostly the Sunrealm and the hostility to undead. But also prizing order and the law.

Coran: "And thus has it always been. There comes a point in which you, for the sake of your own soul, must step back and leave the monster hunting to younger Heroes. It is not an easy move to make.
Bubba: "You can't when the Monsters come after YOU."

Coran: "They do. Curious that. Could it be that even monsters need to stock up at the market?"
Jay-of-A: "I am picturing a monster market, and I am regretting that."

Bubba (Doing impression): "Haunch of girl, here! Caught fresh this morning! (heh heh heh) Yeah I can see paying for that."

Binky looks unhappy: "Shiny bits of armor you can never use. But shiny and valuable, step right up."

Kami: "Well, if we find one we know what to do now."

Bubba grins wider "Photon grenades. I love those!"

Kami: "I was thinking one of the over-the-shoulder heavy phaser cannons. That sounds like a fun way to let a monster market know what we think of them."

Binky: "May the Gods preserve us, present company included, Sir."

Jay-of-A: "May the light of Aumanator shine in such places. Along with Orbital phaser strikes."

Binky: "Amen."

Roydra: "That sounds interesting and familiar. Have you fought a lot of monsters?"

They all look at her

Kami: "We did nothing else for the year I was there. This Village, that district, that area. Each one overrun with more insane and vicious monsters."

Jay-of-A: "Indeed. If you found your way into the under ground levels not half a mile from Lord Never Winters Castle, you could find were rats and their pet dire rats. I was always concerned. If the Neverwinter Guard couldn't keep the were rats out, how did they keep the other creatures out?"

Bubba: "Oh, yeah. I'd always expect to come back and hear someone screaming about how a dire, undead, hellspawn spike monster had eaten their children."

Kami: "We heard that enough."

Binky: "The Pirate Islands weren't that bad"

Kami: "Aside from being nearly over run with a Lizardman army, no."

Bubba shivers: "Islands, Floating in the sky. T'aint natural. Flying sailing ships. Ain't right."

Kami: "Once we beat back some of the Lizardmen, privateers were good for bringing supplies in."

Jay-of-A: "And, one hopes, evacuating non-combatants."

Coran: "The exact quote is 'The love of money is the root of all evil.' Money is an idea, a thing. No more evil that the clothing on you back. Intent is everything."
Kami: "I think a close enough avatar for the source of evil is the lich Valindra. She's the one who's set loose all the undead in the area. May she soon rot in hell"

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki ... adowmantle

Binky "Amen"

Bubba: "Hear hear."

Jay-of-A: "Indeed."

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:22 pm

jayphailey wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:29 am
Coran: "It is, which means the being still cares.

Coran: (Laughing) "What I'm willing to let it be. I am the god of Centaur fatherhood, a protector of families. I am a god of smiths, and those that work with their hands, one of many, I am the Oathkeeper the guardian of the Word, and defender of those betrayed. My aspects of fatherhood are not much worshiped outside of Centaurs. Men see me mostly as the Oathkeeper. This I am willing to be."
Jay-of-A: "Bubba, perhaps one should choose one's words more carefully around a God."

Bubba (Shrugs) "If I get Smited, I get Smited. Somethings going to get me sooner or later. All I ask is that you make it quick if that's the be the way of it."
Coran: "I do not consider myself easily offended. I have dealt harshly with gods that are."

Coran: "I do, it is my nature to know. Aumanator does not move in the same circles I do. I do not go to Faerûn he does not come to Thindacarulle. I am not in agreement with the way he thinks or does things.

Lathander would be more my speed as a deity.
OOC: Thinking that myself.

I have no idea where Neverwinter MMORPG takes place in the Faerun timeline there.

Coran: "Yes, that is why the sword is sharp and I stay wary.

Bubba (Doing impression): "Haunch of girl, here! Caught fresh this morning! (heh heh heh) Yeah I can see paying for that."

Binky looks unhappy: "Shiny bits of armor you can never use. But shiny and valuable, step right up."
Coran: "I've been in that market. I can show you the place on the map."

Kami: "I was thinking one of the over-the-shoulder heavy phaser cannons. That sounds like a fun way to let a monster market know what we think of them."

Jay-of-A: "May the light of Aumanator shine in such places. Along with Orbital phaser strikes."

Roydra: "That sounds interesting and familiar. Have you fought a lot of monsters?"

They all look at her

Kami: "We did nothing else for the year I was there. This Village, that district, that area. Each one overrun with more insane and vicious monsters."

Jay-of-A: "Indeed. If you found your way into the under ground levels not half a mile from Lord Never Winters Castle, you could find were rats and their pet dire rats. I was always concerned. If the Neverwinter Guard couldn't keep the were rats out, how did they keep the other creatures out?"

Bubba: "Oh, yeah. I'd always expect to come back and hear someone screaming about how a dire, undead, hellspawn spike monster had eaten their children."

Bubba shivers: "Islands, Floating in the sky. T'aint natural. Flying sailing ships. Ain't right."

Kami: "Once we beat back some of the Lizardmen, privateers were good for bringing supplies in."

Corean: "I did my time in such times and places. We all did more time in the Undying Wars. A being of great evil decided that the best way to end his eternal punishment, was to end eternity.

Kami: "I think a close enough avatar for the source of evil is the lich Valindra. She's the one who's set loose all the undead in the area. May she soon rot in hell"
Coran: "And for where I come from, she does."
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:09 pm

Innkeeper wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:22 pm
jayphailey wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:29 am
Coran: "It is, which means the being still cares.
Roydra: "So, Mister Coran. What do you do for fun?"

Coran: (Laughing) "What I'm willing to let it be. I am the god of Centaur fatherhood, a protector of families. I am a god of smiths, and those that work with their hands, one of many, I am the Oathkeeper the guardian of the Word, and defender of those betrayed. My aspects of fatherhood are not much worshiped outside of Centaurs. Men see me mostly as the Oathkeeper. This I am willing to be."
OOC - Honestly, if Jay-of-A had met Coran first, he'd be a cleric of Coran. Binky leans more towards green, leafy Goddesses. But both are from a world where a God of Sunshine, defense and against the Undead is the thing.

Jay-of-A: "There are some who say the power of the Gods come from those who worship them. How true is this?"

Binky: "So if I ask someone to swear by Coran, that involves you in the interaction?" (Coran can tell Binky would consider that almost insanely intrusive)

Coran: "I do not consider myself easily offended. I have dealt harshly with gods that are."
Jay-of-A: "Respect is important."

Bubba: "We're in a Bar, having a drink. If we're in the field, and Coran shows up, I will salute and say 'Yes, Sir'. How often do you get to ask a God questions? There's whole books about people lying about meeting Gods."
Coran: "I do, it is my nature to know. Aumanator does not move in the same circles I do. I do not go to Faerûn he does not come to Thindacarulle. I am not in agreement with the way he thinks or does things.
Jay-of-A: "How so?"

Coran: "Yes, that is why the sword is sharp and I stay wary.
Bubba: "Please protect me from the things that could bother YOU. And, y'know. If you need something stabbed or phasered, call me. My rates are reasonable."

Kami: "Bubba. You and I have obligations. We're Starfleet Contractors now. If we get back, we're defenders of Neverwinter."

Bubba: "Look, if a God shows up and says 'I need some guy, or some monsters stabbed.' are you going to get stabbing, or quibble about jurisdiction?"

Roydra (dry) "If you need a peace deal mediated, or a disaster responded to, call Starfleet. If you need a planet defended, I am pretty sure our admiral will turn out as well. But we're in the business of exploration, protection and making peace work. However, we don't sell our moral compass. We help people on our terms."

Coran: "I've been in that market. I can show you the place on the map."
They all look at him.

Jay: "And you didn't stop them from killing and eating girls?"

They all look at her

Corean: "I did my time in such times and places. We all did more time in the Undying Wars. A being of great evil decided that the best way to end his eternal punishment was to end eternity.
They all nod. Although not the same war, they've all been in terrible battles where it seemed the enemy was endless and undefeatable.

Roydra Raises her glass: "Glad the right side won."

Coran: "And for where I come from, she does."
Kami grins: "Thank you."

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:14 am

jayphailey wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:09 pm
Roydra: "So, Mister Coran. What do you do for fun?"
Coran: "Would it disappoint to find that I like much the same as anyone else? Friends, my family, a good stout, music, all of the above. We don't have 'media'. You need make fun yourself, with those around you.

OOC - Honestly, if Jay-of-A had met Coran first, he'd be a cleric of Coran. Binky leans more towards green, leafy Goddesses. But both are from a world where a God of Sunshine, defense and against the Undead is the thing.
OOC: Sometimes it is the god you find, or that finds you.
Jay-of-A: "There are some who say the power of the Gods come from those who worship them. How true is this?"
Coran: "That would be a large perhaps. The rules differ from cosmos to cosmos. For what you knew, and I know it is in part true. Worship is indeed a large part of what the god can do for others. The more worship, the more the god can power the clerics. I and my ilk are not dependent on worship for existence as you may have heard. Those gods whom worship created, that is the case."

Binky: "So if I ask someone to swear by Coran, that involves you in the interaction?" (Coran can tell Binky would consider that almost insanely intrusive)
Coran: "That is indeed the case. And don't worry about it. It is a thing I allow."

Jay-of-A: "Respect is important."
Coran: "Only if earned Jay. Respect demanded, is a twisted and bitter tree that bears no fruit."

Bubba: "We're in a Bar, having a drink. If we're in the field, and Coran shows up, I will salute and say 'Yes, Sir'. How often do you get to ask a God questions? There's whole books about people lying about meeting Gods."
Coran: "This is the one place you can do that. No smiting zone.
Jay-of-A: "How so?"
Coran: "I am not legalistic. The letter of the law can go fish. It is justice and fairness I seek. If the law denies that, I will fight that law and those lawmakers."

Bubba: "Please protect me from the things that could bother YOU. And, y'know. If you need something stabbed or phasered, call me. My rates are reasonable."
Coran: "I would if I could Bubba, but our universes do not touch save here."

Kami: "Bubba. You and I have obligations. We're Starfleet Contractors now. If we get back, we're defenders of Neverwinter."

Bubba: "Look, if a God shows up and says 'I need some guy, or some monsters stabbed.' are you going to get stabbing, or quibble about jurisdiction?"

Roydra (dry) "If you need a peace deal mediated, or a disaster responded to, call Starfleet. If you need a planet defended, I am pretty sure our admiral will turn out as well. But we're in the business of exploration, protection and making peace work. However, we don't sell our moral compass. We help people on our terms."
Coran: "I would more likely call on the Star Forces of the Twelve Worlds Empire. They are...closer."

They all look at him.

Jay: "And you didn't stop them from killing and eating girls?"
Coran: "It's in Hell. Jurisdictional issues. Mephistopheles would not appreciate me busting the place up."

They all nod. Although not the same war, they've all been in terrible battles where it seemed the enemy was endless and undefeatable.

Roydra Raises her glass: "Glad the right side won."
Coran: "Opá! To those we left behind."
-- The Innkeeper