Re: Jay of A and Coran

Post by jayphailey » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:49 pm

Innkeeper wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:06 pm
jayphailey wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:02 am
Roydra: "How stable is this place? How safe is it?"
Coran: "It is as safe as any place can be."
Roydra: "Is it going to collapse on us, or throw us to a different point in space and time?"

Kami: "Could we use it to get back to where we started?"

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:33 am

jayphailey wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:49 pm
Roydra: "Is it going to collapse on us, or throw us to a different point in space and time?"
Coran: "You are far too paranoid."

Coran: "It will not. It will put you back where you were when you came though that door. I cannot wish it otherwise."
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:03 am

Innkeeper wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:33 am
jayphailey wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:49 pm
Coran: "You are far too paranoid."
Roydra: "You have no idea."

Coran can see, she's fought in the same battles thousands of times. A time hicccup and it's like an action movie mixed with groundhog day. A glitch in the time stream and it feels like you're in someone else's place.

A war fought across time and an across alternate dimensions, against weird enemies from the past and the future.

Earth space dock with ships from hundreds of years, different timelines and different cultures coming and going.

The time line these people are from was actually collapsing around them, from the damage caused by rampaging time travel. Most suspected it and couldn't imagine what "Normal" might look like after all the fighting and the weird time travel were done.

But every time you turned around it was a new crisis and a new emergency with a new violent idiot to fight.

She has every right to be concerned about pocket dimensions and insanity. She's a veteran of it.

Noseg, Nulle and Teifa are as well but they have a defense, they don't care about the wider world, so when it's battle time, they fight and do their combat jobs and are so focused on that, the insanity of their position doesn't affect them as much. They are able to file fighting the same battle against the tholians a thousand times as "Just another share of loot for me" and nothing else.

Roxa, Jay, Kami, Bubba and Binky are newer to the situation and so haven't lived the repeating battles, the odd memories of being someone somewhere else and people who want to kill you for things you haven't done yet and would try to help them fix, if theyd stop shooting for a minute.

Roydra's a counsellor on the USS Yellow Submarine. Not only does she have to try to help people with the memories and PTSD of the same battle a thousand times, during red alert, she's in the sick bay patching burned, smashed, irradiated people back together and wondering if this is one of the times where the ship explodes into a fireball and everyone wakes up back in their bunks, soaked in sweat and stress.

She wants to protect people from getting unnecessarily harmed by all this, which is why she is concerned for Jay, Kami, Binky and Bubba. She is also concerned that Jay Six acted too quickly to run them through virtual training.

Coran knows all she knows and what she knows is that fucking with time travel has had dreadful, weird and unpleasant side effects.

She does NOT know how stable or protected The Inn is.
Coran: "It will not. It will put you back where you were when you came though that door. I cannot wish it otherwise."
Kami nods. Okay. It is what it is for now. She will forge ahead and look for opportunities in the future.

Bubba has a flash of being troubled before he realizes what world it is is above his paygrade, so he should eat drink and be merry.

Binky is sad, he fears he may never see the forests of home again.

Jay of A is resigned. If the fates want him here, healing people with little magic boxes, then he will heal people with little magic boxes. Aumanator works in mysterious ways.

Roydra is sad. She'd like to see her parents again. But, the world shes in completely lacks the weird time travel and ground hog day battles. So it actually seems a little safer. So it'll do for now.

Roxa is curious about how Coran knows this.

Roxa: "Do you know the Innkeeper, Sir?"

--------------------

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:13 pm

jayphailey wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:03 am

Coran: Looking directly at her. In the Inn this will not discombobulate you. But she sees what she is looking at for what he is. "This is a place of safety. Nothing, not even my will can alter that. Here, now, you are safe."

[Roxa: "Do you know the Innkeeper, Sir?"
Coran: "I have met them."
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:31 pm

Innkeeper wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:13 pm
jayphailey wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:03 am

Coran: Looking directly at her. In the Inn this will not discombobulate you. But she sees what she is looking at for what he is. "This is a place of safety. Nothing, not even my will can alter that. Here, now, you are safe."
Roydra takes a deep breath. and rolls with it. "Thank you, Sir. I appreciate that. I am not used to being that... safe."
[Roxa: "Do you know the Innkeeper, Sir?"
Coran: "I have met them."
Roxa: "Them? How many are there? What are they like?"

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:30 am

jayphailey wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:31 pm
Roydra takes a deep breath. and rolls with it. "Thank you, Sir. I appreciate that. I am not used to being that... safe."
Coran: "It is not as common as it should be."

Coran: "One...many...it depends on how you view it."
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Innkeeper wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:30 am
jayphailey wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:31 pm
Coran: "It is not as common as it should be."
Roydra: "oh, agreed."

Coran sees they are all wearing sidearms. Unusual for Starfleet. Usually, they only strap up when things are uncertain or they expect a possibility of difficulties. Under normal circumtances they don't go armed. When things are not certain, they opt for phaser 1. concealable, versatile. Not meant for long engagements.

Roydra's sidearm is a tetryon pistol, that fires a beam of coherent energized tetryon particles. Can also disable unshielded equipment. it's been modified for extra stopping and blasting power. She's practiced with it a good deal. Tetryon weapons are her timeline's answer to Ion cannon. Her personal weapon is a mix of blaster and Ion Gun, both at once. The design was "Borrowed" from the Tholians who use tetryon weapons aggressively.

The other three have standard Starfleet phaser pistols, although updated ones.

He sees that Roydra was ready to quick draw and flee firing. She's been the subject of surprise attacks. The other four are adventurers Coran knows the type, although Jay of A and Binky are dedicated Clerics. Not bad guys to have on your side as such things go.

But for Starfleet people to be walking around armed like that means they expect to be fighting shortly. Completely useless for The Inn and not entirely consistent with the timeline they're coming from

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:21 pm

Coran: "One...many...it depends on how you view it."
Roxa: "I'm sorry? I don't understand that. How might I see them?"

-----------

Roxa is wearing a set of Klinzai Defense Force fatigues, and light body armor. Coran sees that this stuff is advanced from other timelines hes familiar with. You'd have be aggressive to punch past the material in her vest. A normal phaser on normal settings wouldn't be immediately successful.

Roxa is wearing a sidearm, a modified Romulan Republic plasma gun. Like Roydra's it's modified to dump more energy quickly. It'll burn up in use much more quickly than normal Federation or Klingon weapons, but before it goes, it's taking a lot of the enemy with it.

Like Roydra, shes been ambushed and is now more ready for a recurrence.

Not *quite* as bad a Raphael, but that version of Raphael wouldn't have been out of place among them. The difference is that they have seen the civilians they are defending, both when the defense is successful and when it's not, and they have shipmates to depend on.

Nulle Noseg and Teifa have similar sidearms on. Not that they'll be relevant here.

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:07 am

jayphailey wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:21 pm
Coran: "One sees the Innkeeper, when they wish to be seen, which is not often. The Innkeeper is not a being(s) that conform to our expectation of normal."
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:45 am

Innkeeper wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:07 am
jayphailey wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:21 pm
Coran: "One sees the Innkeeper, when they wish to be seen, which is not often. The Innkeeper is not a being(s) that conform to our expectation of normal."
Roydra squints: "Normal? I am not convinced you and I would use that word the same way. Ever."

The adventurers grin

Bubba: "May I buy you something, Sir? Normalcy aside, I think it's rude to ask you your stories without offering food and drink in return."

Roydra looks stricken: "I apologize. I should have offered."

Kami smiles "You're busy being a mother hen and worrying about us. I appreciate that."

Roxa: "How do you mean to conform to our expectations of normal, Sir? I guess you mean they have a different appearance to suit their own desires.... but your phrasing sort of implies more. Oh, and Yes, please, if I can offer you anything."