In character play
Innkeeper
Site Admin

Re: Raphael & Ahern

Post by Innkeeper » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:26 pm

jayphailey wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:06 am
Roxa records it all "Neat! Where do you say this energy is coming from?"
Raphael: "According to spellcraft fey is Earth magic, I am fey. In the Inn who knows. The place breaks the rules."

So if someone wore a psi-shield, they couldn't see it?
I would have to say yes.

Roxa: "You'd expect your Gods to intervene if the Iconians threatened your world? How so?"
Rapheal: "The Iconians might find their cells do not like each other any more and loose cohesion or some such. About 50 years ago the Twelve Worlds Empire tried to invade. They were dissuaded and Tesral back conquered them. Thindacarulle has no fleet.

Roxa: "It doesn't seem like anything you'd want to mess with lightly."
Ahern: "Not lightly no. I am the result of such magics. I was a Handicapped quadruped, an herbivore. I was altered into a biped with hands and a taste for meat."
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:04 am

Innkeeper wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:26 pm
jayphailey wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:06 am
Roxa records it all "Neat! Where do you say this energy is coming from?"
Raphael: "According to spellcraft fey is Earth magic, I am fey. In the Inn who knows. The place breaks the rules."
Roxa: "You draw power from the ground? How did anyone know it was there to begin with?"
So if someone wore a psi-shield, they couldn't see it?
I would have to say yes.

Roxa: "You'd expect your Gods to intervene if the Iconians threatened your world? How so?"
Rapheal: "The Iconians might find their cells do not like each other any more and loose cohesion or some such. About 50 years ago the Twelve Worlds Empire tried to invade. They were dissuaded and Tesral back conquered them. Thindacarulle has no fleet.
Roxa: "Well, they could have used him on New Romulus and Q'onoS, that's for sure."
Roxa: "It doesn't seem like anything you'd want to mess with lightly."
Ahern: "Not lightly no. I am the result of such magics. I was a Handicapped quadruped, an herbivore. I was altered into a biped with hands and a taste for meat."
Roxa: "By whom? "

----------------------

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:05 pm

jayphailey wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:04 am
Roxa: "You draw power from the ground? How did anyone know it was there to begin with?"
Raphael: "For me it is like breathing, part of my being. I did not need to know."

Ahern: "The sources of magic are well understood. Those that first studied them might be noted in the Ilúverin."

Rapheal: "The Deuiniaethello might have something to say about it as well."

Roxa: "Well, they could have used him on New Romulus and Q'onoS, that's for sure."
Raphael: Gently "Done is done."

Ahern: "Toshira Nagara." Waggles fingers. "I am not unhappy with it."
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:52 pm

Innkeeper wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:05 pm
jayphailey wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:04 am
Raphael: "For me it is like breathing, part of my being. I did not need to know."

Ahern: "The sources of magic are well understood. Those that first studied them might be noted in the Ilúverin."

Rapheal: "The Deuiniaethello might have something to say about it as well."
Roxa: "The who, now? You guys seem to know everyone!"

Raphael: Gently "Done is done."
Roxa: "Yeah. Now we're in a rebuilding phase."
Ahern: "Toshira Nagara." Waggles fingers. "I am not unhappy with it."
Roxa: "Wow. How long did the transformation take? How long did it take you to recover from it?"

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:31 am

jayphailey wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:52 pm
Raphael: "Thing. The Ilúverin is the great Elven book of history. Ten thousand century books. The Deuiniaethello the book of magic."

Ahern: "I would love to have the space for a copy of the former.

Ahern "May it go swiftly."

Roxa: "Wow. How long did the transformation take? How long did it take you to recover from it?"
Ahern: "It was instant, one second one thing, then another. It did not hurt, so there was no recovery. It took some getting use to the idea of hands and two legs. I still grab things with my mouth. Craving meat was unusual."
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:04 am

Innkeeper wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:31 am
jayphailey wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:52 pm
Raphael: "Thing. The Ilúverin is the great Elven book of history. Ten thousand century books. The Deuiniaethello the book of magic."

Ahern: "I would love to have the space for a copy of the former.
Roxa: "I think we'd build a whole museum and study institute around something like that."
Ahern "May it go swiftly."
Roxa: "Amen"
Ahern: "It was instant, one second one thing, then another. It did not hurt, so there was no recovery. It took some getting used to the idea of hands and two legs. I still grab things with my mouth. Craving meat was unusual."
Roxa: "How long did it take you to adjust to having a new shape? I'm told the Undine have camps where they train as the race they are infiltrating, so they can get the impersonation perfect. The Changelings were said to be able to do it effortlessly and undetectable at first."

------------------

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:44 pm

jayphailey wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:04 am

Roxa: "I think we'd build a whole museum and study institute around something like that."
Rapheal: "That sly smile again. "The Elves do. The Council of the Book. And a bigger one of 'Things that did not make the Book'. the two occupy a good deal of the Tree and there are thousands of scholars. That is just the Elves. Many major universities have chairs that study little else."

Roxa: "How long did it take you to adjust to having a new shape? I'm told the Undine have camps where they train as the race they are infiltrating, so they can get the impersonation perfect. The Changelings were said to be able to do it effortlessly and undetectable at first."
Ahern: "I do not remember difficulties. I had new things to learn. But I understood hands at once. Walking was not an issue. I understood my body as one should. I am intelligent enough that I found being a Horse was stifling. Learning the things I needed to learn is what made me a scholar of books. Much more fulfilling than the Ladies' Club.
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:25 pm

Roxa: "There's so much to learn. It hits me every so often that I won't live to see it all. But there' always the next thing. Where do you two plan to go from here?"

Innkeeper
Site Admin

Post by Innkeeper » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:32 am

jayphailey wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:25 pm
Roxa: "There's so much to learn. It hits me every so often that I won't live to see it all. But there' always the next thing. Where do you two plan to go from here?"
Rapheal: "Sometimes I feel I have seen too much. From here we go back to our homes. It was from such we came and to such we will return."
-- The Innkeeper

jayphailey

Post by jayphailey » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:56 pm

Innkeeper wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:32 am
jayphailey wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:25 pm
Rapheal: "Sometimes I feel I have seen too much. From here we go back to our homes. It was from such we came and to such we will return."
Roxa: "Okay. And what do you plan to do when you get there? I'm just curious about what your lives are like."